On November 15th we had our third seasonal collaboration of Community Acupuncture at Shuniya in Uptown Kingston. All proceeds from the suggested $10 donation go to the Washbourne House in Ulster County.
The Washbourne House is a resource for those experiencing domestic violence. In addition to a 17 bed shelter for adults and children in a confidential location, they offer these services:
- Non-residential support groups. Women who are not in need of shelter services can attend a weekly domestic violence support group. There are two English-speaking groups meeting in the early evening, in Kingston; one of those groups includes childcare. For information about these evening groups, contact Chris at 331-7080, x 328.
- Groups meeting during business hours are these: A Thursday, Spanish-speaking group in Kingston; a Tuesday, English & Spanish speaking group in New Paltz ; a Wednesday, English & Spanish speaking group in Ellenville. For information about these three groups, contact bilingual counselor, Maria, at 331-7080, x 313.
- Short-term individual counseling and case management, including safety planning for yourself and your children. If you are not ready to be in a support group, or if your schedule conflicts with existing support groups, people can meet you for short-term counseling. Call Chris at 331-7080, x 328. For bilingual services contact Maria at 331-7080, x 313.
- Activities/events at the shelter. Holiday parties, barbeques, and food pantry are available to former residents and to individuals in non-resident programs.
- The domestic violence Family Court advocate can provide assistance in drafting petitions for emergency orders of protection. Call Pilar at 340-3617.
More information can be found online here: http://www.washbournehouse.com/ or by calling the 24 hour hotline: 845.338.2370.